SEO Rich Snippets for Magento 2 structured data that help users find what they want in organic search as soon as they visualise it. Displaying more detailed info in organic search results lets you segment customers in advance and draw relevant traffic to your site. Implementing Rich Snippets will show your potential customers additional information about your products with enhanced search results, increasing the outreach of your brand to your audience. Links with rich snippets have higher positions in search results and an increased click through rate of 20-30%. Providing useful information to users before they actually click-through to your page can greatly improve the quality of visitors. If a visitor comes to a product page already knowing the price and rating of the product, they will be much less likely to bounce due to sticker shock or poor ratings. The ability of rich snippets to improve click-through rates of search engine results is nothing new. This could allow an e-commerce business to own the clickshare of a search engine results page in the past. That is because few sites were doing it, and your page might be the only one in the results with a marked-up listing. Nowadays, with many e-commerce sites adding structured data to their products, not having a marked-up search result can be detrimental. For an increasing number of product-related search queries, all above-the-fold results contain structured data. Therefore, it’s no longer about structured data improving your page’s click-through rate. Now, it’s about not letting structured data killing your click-through rate.
HOW IT WORKS
This extension works out of the box, just install it and description of your products will be structured and enhanced the way search engines and social media expects.
For best results few things need to be set up:
- In google Cards section you can select between long and short description and the brand you want to feature in search results.
- In Rich Snippets settings select between long and short description that you want to show in search results.
- In Twitter Cards section, for Twitter Site (twitter:site) type your store Twitter username (example @site_username); for Twitter creator (twitter:creator) type Twitter username of the administrator of Magento store or owner of the store. You can use the site username or leave empty.
- In Facebook OG type your store Facebook username, you can use site username or leave empty
Google will discover snippets the next time it crawls your site (although it may take some time for rich snippets to appear in search results). When Google algorithms discover technically correct markup on a page, they use a variety of signals to determine when to show rich snippets.
- Enhance your visibility in search results
- Get more targeted traffic
- Boost your conversion rate
- Improve your website appearance
- Raise your brand awareness
- Includes Google Rich Snippets, Google Cards, Twitter product Cards, Facebook Open Graph, Pinterest Rich Pins.