Driving traffic to your website is not that hard to achieve as long as you know where to begin and following these simple eCommerce SEO tips can help you get started.
- Avoid purchasing new domain unless needed. Search engines have this particular way to give emphasis in how long a website has been around. Google for example love older posts and give them more weight when ranking websites. Using a new domain may have take a few weeks or evens months to enjoy good traffic while using your existing domain will have better chance to get traffic in less time.
- Target your audience and not search engines. Remember that search engines are looking for pages that fit the keyword phrases users type in the search box. These users are directed to websites that have what they’re looking for and most likely they’re members of the target audience of that page. If you want search engines direct users to your website, optimizing your target audience will give you more edge. Use tools and ways to know where your audience is. Adopt ways, make use of tools to find what your audience needs, and let them find it in your website.
- Make Keywords and keywords power work for your website. Make research for correct keywords or keyword phrases that your target audience searches for. Use tools in searching for keywords and make a list that is relevant to your website. Try to stay away from general keywords that do not exactly describe your website. Try to use specific keywords that are indicative of what your website offers.
- Create design and category based on your keyword phrase. You can research or discover new ways of categorizing your products and services based on your keywords. For example, if you are selling home furniture, based your category on your keywords that exactly fit what people are looking for. Are people looking furniture for the newlywed? You can categorize your products by using your keyword such as “Furniture for the newlyweds”. By researching, you can find many ways people look for products. Make sure you design your navigation in such a way people have various ways of searching. Making people find in your search box what they need, will make them stay, click and buy.
Make your website “crawler-friendly. Being a crawler0friendly-‘ is the best thing that could happen to your website. Search engine will find your website easiest if you have tools that will make it search engine crawler- friendly. Make sure you have HTML links in your main navigation and on every page that links to your main page. Remember that
- search engines use this HTML to find your website and make sure your HTLM is all over your pages.
Remember that you don’t work just to bring in traffic to your visitors. You work hard to have traffic where visitors stay, click and buy.